Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Departure...

I'm sure everyone has noticed that my departure date keeps moving back.  I'm leaving now in mid-October.

I am R E A D Y to go!

I have a couple of "events" that I am attending which have delayed my departure.

I decided several months ago to go to Alicia's wedding in Idaho, which is this weekend.  She asked me to be a bridesmaid, and I just didn't want to miss her wedding.  It was basically the difference of a month, so I decided to stay to go to her wedding.  I met Alicia in 7th grade and she has been one of my dearest friends ever since.

The second event is my grandma's back surgery.  You may recall that she had back surgery last October.  I stayed with her for about three weeks after her surgery to care for her during her recovery.  According to her doctors, she has reaped maximum benefit from the surgery she had in October.  She has decided to have a second surgery to further repair damage to her vertebrae.  She turned 79 on Saturday.

My grandma's surgery is September 2nd.  My mom will be there (Oklahoma) a few days before the surgery through September 17th.  I will get there September 14th and stay through the end of October.

I'll then be visiting my dad for about a week.  The coming home and (cross my fingers) leaving about a week later.

So that's the status.

I managed to save my targeted amount.  Yippee!

I need to buy a couple more pieces of clothing for my trip.  Other than packing my apartment and taking care of a few small banking items, I'm ready to go.

I go back and forth between anxiety and confidence.  But like the stylist who butchered my hair today said, "Isn't that what life is about...living your dream?"

3 comments:

tattooprincess said...

Hey Moriah, it's Sara from Colorado. Crystal's sil.
I was just checking to see how things are going and wanted to thank you so much for the beautiful beads you sent!

Holly said...

Come visit us before you fly out and we are all green with envy!

Bubba said...

Mo, I'm so proud of you for staying focused on the prize and reaching this point! You have many cool adventures ahead of you....I can't wait to hear about them all! Will you be able to upload pictures to this blog while you are traveling? Is it better to email you or post to the blogspot while you are gone? I'm excited for you!!