Thursday, January 10, 2008

0% prepared

I had lunch with an Indian friend of mine from work earlier this week. He said I'm "0% prepared" for my trip. He wanted to know if I had contact numbers written down, if I knew which cities I wanted to visit in each country, if I knew what I wanted to see in every city, did I have visas, etc., etc.

He suggested getting a notebook or binder and making a table of contents listing each country, then city. Within the notebook start gathering information by country. Figure out what I want to see in each country so I don't forget anything. I agreed. Wouldn't it be awful if I left India and forgot to see the Taj Mahal?

I've been so focused on just saving, saving, saving that I haven't really done much planning. I have a rough itinerary laid out but I haven't throughly checked into visas and vaccinations...

I picked up a second job again after about 4 months off from the two-job gig. I'm working in an upscale restaurant a couple of doors down from the bar I was working at. I'm hoping that I can keep focused and only have to work two jobs for about 4 more months. That would be sometime in April. I should have enough money saved by then. I'll probably quit or cut back on hours there and still keep my day job. I'd like to save a few thousand dollars extra to have when I return. I'll probably quit all jobs about three weeks or a month before I leave so I have time to mentally and physically prepare for my departure.

This weekend I am going to get my passport photos taken and send of my application for renewal.
Publish Post

No comments: